I am not sure how long these will keep but they are definitely better eaten within 24 hours.
- puff pastry ( see recipe here)
- 1 egg
- ~1/2cup fresh blueberries ( you could replace them with another fruit)
- 115g cream cheese at room temperature
- dash vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest
- 67g sugar
- (optional) sugar glaze
- On a lightly floured surface, roll your puff pastry to desired thickness and cut them into squares. There are numerous ways you can cut your dough in, if you want an idea please check this video . He is actually showing the only way I have learned to cut them.
- Either manually or using a stand mixer, combine the sugar with the cream cheese. Add a dash of vanilla extract and the lemon zest. Put about 1 tbsp of the mixture into each dough then push a few blueberries(washed and dried) into it. Repeat for all dough.
- For the egg wash, beat the egg and add a bit of water ( 1-2 tbsp) to make it less thick. Just brush a light coating on the remaining exposed dough.
- Bake at 375F for about 20-25 minutes ( until they have a nice golden brown color). Let cool 5 minutes before eating 😉
psst: don’t trash that leftover dough, just twist them and put whatever on them.