Here is a lightly coated piece of haddock, easy to make? SUPER easy to make
You need :
- 1 piece of haddock or cod
- breadcrumb or panko
- beaten egg
- Mix flour with salt + pepper, no quantity specified just go with the flow
Dump filet into the flour and make sure its all coated, give it a light tap to remove excess flour
Bath the filet in the egg and lay it on the breadcrumbs bed and roll it so all surface are covered with it
- You should have something looking like this. Good job
See the picture on the left, it’s showing its “good side”, there is always one side better looking.
- Heat a non-stick pan with some oil ( I use avocado oil) over medium to medium/high. When the pan is hot, put the fish with the “good looking” side DOWN on the pan for about 5 mins.
- The idea is that the oil is clean so this side will have the better-looking side. This is the side you want UP on the plate.
- Carefully flip and let it cook for another 4 mins.
Do not play with the fish, you only turn it once
Note time is approximate here, my filet was about 3/4″ thick and 9 mins total was perfect. Fully cooked yet moist inside. If you filet is 1/4″ thick, definitely reduce cooking time