I would not recommend freezing this soup as it contains pasta and once froze the texture will not be great.
- 28oz can diced tomato
- 1 diced onion or 2 shallot
- 2 celery stack minced
- 1/2tsp thyme
- 1/2tsp oregano
- 2500ml vegetable broth
- 500ml water
- red pepper flakes ( add to taste)
- 1 cups baby spinach or kale
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2cups of mixed vegetables ( cabbage, zucchini, green bean, carrots, etc )
- 1 cup pasta ( use Ditalini for a classic look )
- (optional) grated Parmesan
- In a pot, soften the onion in some oil over medium heat. After 2 minutes add the garlic and celery, stir and cook for another minute. Pour the water, broth, tomatoes, dry spices + chili flakes, and your mixed vegetables in, stir and bring to a gentle simmer for 12-13 minutes. If you are adding softer veggies like zucchini that cook really fast I recommend adding them with the baby spinach about 5 minutes in so they don’t get all mushy.
- After 15 minutes, do a taste test and adjust salt/pepper, mine needed a good tbsp of salt. Add the pasta, stir and cook for 15 minutes.