So the idea is to make the sauce and freeze it so you can always have it on hand!
- Can of San Marzano whole tomatoes
- ~1tsp sea salt
- 5-7 fresh basil leaves minced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Open the can and throw everything in. Use a hand blender to chop everything down.
- WARNING: don’t overdo it as it will make the tomatoes watery. Just a couple of shots should take care of the tomatoes + mix everything together. You just don’t want huge chunks left.
- Taste and adjust salt to your taste
I used an old ice cube tray and just freeze the leftover, about 4 hours in the freezer does the job. Then throw them in a Ziploc bag. They will be good for 3 months. When you need sauce either take a couple of cubes out and let them thaw in the fridge overnight or blast them in the microwave for ~30 secs.