I just went with the classic dressing but this would work really well with a guacamole dressing or some cajun mayo
You need ( 3-4 portions )
- 650g peeled uncooked shrimps
- half onion or shallot minced
- 1 hot pepper ( jalapeno work well) or 1tsp paprika
- 1tbsp of minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- dash of lime or lemon
- 3-4tbsp of fresh cilantro chopped
- (optional) 3tbsp panko ( gives a little crunch)
- Salt and pepper or other spices you like
- Using either a hand mixer or food processor, put about a quarter of the shrimp in a food processor and blend them to near puree. This will be our glue. Add everything in the bowl and blend coarsely.
- If you use a hand mixer like I do, you will hand to hand-chopped the shrimps before proceeding.
- Cover parchment paper on a baking tray. Create patties and put them on the parchment paper, let it take a power nap in the fridge for about 30 minutes. This will prevent them from breaking when you manipulate them.
- Cook either on the barbecue(better) or in a hot pan over medium heat. You know fish, they don’t like when you play with them so only flip once. About 3-4 minutes on each side will do the trick.
- Note that if you cook with heat too high, you will grill the outside but the inside won’t be cooked. 🤮
- Dress the burger the way you like