Why wild rice?
- Twice the amount of protein than white or brown rice
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Tons of vitamins
Note that like all kinds of rice they may also be loaded with arsenic which is obviously bad for you. If you can, buy organic rice.
I tried many blends of wild rice over the years and really like this one. You can get it for under 10$ in Costco ( in Canada).
Unfortunately, the recipe on the bag is not great so I came up with my own.
You need :
- 3/4 cup of wild rice mix
- 1 cup of vegetable broth or water
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Oil ( I just wing it but I would say 1 tbsp or so )
- First, pre-heat your oven at 350F
- Put some oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. When the oil gets a bit hot, dump the rice and garlic and mix it so that all the grain of rice is coated with oil. Cook for a minute then throws in the broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and put in the oven for 30 mins.
- That’s it. The nice thing about this recipe is that it free`s up to one burner from your range to cook something else