- 120ml heavy cream
- 225g dark chocolate
- cocoa powder ( or chopped roasted nuts, sprinkles, crushed m&m, crushed peppermint,grated coconut, etc)
- First, chop the chocolate into small pieces, set aside don’t eat any. Whaaaaaaaaat !?!
- Next, you need to scald the cream. Scalding is the point before boiling. To do so, heat a pot with the cream over medium-low heat. When you see it starting to become hot, tilt the pot and look if you see bubbles forming on the bottom of the pot, when you do, remove it from heat.
- Pour the hot liquid over the chocolate and stir using a spatula. Dump the content into a container, cover it, and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. You can also do this the day before.
- Now, this is where you need to get dirty, oh yeah. Take the container out of the fridge, using a spoon scoop some of the ganache, and using your hand roll it into a ball. Do this very quickly, no need to be perfect as we will do it twice. Continue until you have formed balls with all the mixture. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, lay all the balls, and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While waiting, prepare a small container or bowl and put about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in. After they are done with their nap, take one ball, roll it again in your hand and dump it in your cocoa powder container. Make sure the whole ball is covered with powder and set aside. Repeat for all balls.
You can keep those at room temperature for about a week, 6 months in the fridge, and 12 months in the freezer.