I don’t know about you but I have a thing for soft pretzels. What about we combine their taste but make them into buns you could use for sandwiches or even hamburgers?
Friends, please follow along this recipe is easy and tasty.
- 300g ( have an extra 60g at hand)
- 3.5 gr instant dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water around 110F
- 30gr melted butter
- 4gr sea salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- In a stand mixer bowl put the water and yeast, whisk and let bloom for 10 minutes. Turn the stand mixer on with the dough attachment over low speed and add the butter and salt.
- Add about half the flour, then slowly add more. The dough texture should not be dry nor very sticky. Add flour until you get that texture, it may be a bit more or less than 300g.
- Dump on a work surface and cut in 6 pieces and turn them into balls. Cover with a clean dishcloth and let bulk for an hour.
- Pre-heat oven at 450F.
- Once it has bulked, take a large pot and put about 4 litres of water with the baking soda and bring to a boil. Put each ball in for about 30 seconds on each side, if your pot is big you can do 2 at the same time.
- Put them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Beat the egg with a little bit of water and brush your dough balls. At this point, it’s a good idea to score your dough ball so you can control where it “burst”. The traditional way is to simply score them in an X pattern.
- Bake for about 15 minutes