- My kids love brownies, especially if you top it with a nice scoop of ice cream. They bugged me to make this one for a while so here it is. Warning this version is really chocolatey, like almost too much, if there is such a thing 😉
- 80g cocoa powder
- 110g chopped dark chocolate
- ½cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- (Optional) 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 280gr sugar
- 170g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs ( get them out of the fridge about 30mins prior)
- ~1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, salt, and here you can add optionally the instant coffee ( this boosts the chocolate flavor).
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar using a whisk. When it’s well combined add the eggs and keep whisking, you need to make sure everything is well combined together. At this point add the vanilla extract, mix again.
- Dump the dry ingredients from the first bowl into the wet mix and whisk. When it get shiny ( see picture), add the chocolate and fold it in the mix.
- Now you should use an aluminum pan, glass work too but may over bake ( check 5 minutes earlier see if it’s baked). Your choice, just line them with parchment paper and dump your mixture in, flatten it.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. At that point, it should be ready. As this brownie is full of chocolate pieces, if you try the toothpick test, it’s likely you will hit chocolate and it may make you think it’s not ready. Remember that when you take it out, it will keep cooking for about 1 hour before it has cooled down. Don’t over bake !!
- Cut it when it has cooled down. Put the pieces in an airtight container at room temperature and eat within 2 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2-3 months.
|You want that shiny look|