This is a Korean recipe and it’s typically served with a sauce similar to the one for the scallion pancake, but sweeter which mix very well as the zucchini is salty.
- 1 zucchini sliced about 3/16″ thick ( no need to take a ruler out but thicker slice will get mushy)
- 1tbsp salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp water
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2tbsp sugar
- minced green onion and/or onion
- chili flake or minced Thai pepper
*This is for 1 portion,just multiply to fit your need, just mix everything together
- Lay the sliced zucchini on parchment paper and sprinkle a little bit of salt on them. Let them rest for few minutes and using a paper towel, remove the water that came out of them.
- In a mixing bowl, put the flour and remaining salt, dunk all the zucchini in, and mix until they are all covered with flour. One by one, take them out of the flour, shaking off excess flour, and lay them back on the parchment paper.
- Heat a pan over medium-low and add some oil . Now we will dip each zucchini in the beaten egg and then put them in the hot pan. I recommend doing this in 2 batches in order to not overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until you have a light brown coloring.
- Serve warm