Also below, I have shared my personal tartar sauce recipe, definitely a must in my opinion.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1tsp minced capper
- 1/2tsp lemon juice
- 1/2tsp lemon zest
- 1 dill pickle chopped finely
- (Optional) Dash of dijon mustard/pinch of dill
- 500g white fish ( haddock is a great choice)
- 1 1/2 cup panko
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 beaten eggs
For the sauce? Just mix everything together! Quantity are approximative, so you will have to wing it 😉
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil (1-2 tbsp) then add the garlic and the panko. Cook for 3 minutes while stirring frequently, if you do not it will toast. Transfer in a bowl immediately.
- Cut the fish in slices about 1/2″ wide. Season with salt/pepper, dip in the flour, then in the eggs, and finally in the toasted panko. Cook in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven then carefully turn them over add a bit of salt over them, cook for another 10 minutes.