- 1/4tsp peppermint oil* (food grade) or 1tsp peppermint extract
- 240g icing sugar
- dash vanilla extract
- 30g cream 35%(heavy)
- 20g butter
- 250g chocolate
* Much better to use oil than extract. If you are in Canada, Bulk Barn carries multiple oils. I think I paid 5$ for 2 bottles.
- In a stand mixer put all the ingredients except the chocolate and mix until combined. At first, it will be grainy but after 2-3 minutes you should have 2-3 big chunks. If the texture is smooth, you are done.
- Cut the ball in half and put one half between 2 parchment papers, press it with your hands then roll it using a rolling pin. Roll until you have the desired thickness, somewhere between 1/8 to 1/4″. Repeat for the second half. Note you can do it in 1 shot but it will get very difficult to roll it down. Just easier to split the job in half.
- At this point, the mixture will be soft so put it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Take it out of the fridge, remove the top parchment paper, and then using a cookie cutter(or a shooter glass), make circles or whatever shape you fancy. Put the pieces back in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. This will make things easier for the chocolate coating.
- You now need to temper your chocolate ( see how-to here). Then simply dip them into the chocolate using a fork and lay them on parchment paper.