This dough is very soft so if you make an error or it tears when rolling it down, it’s easy to repair it.
You need ( give 1 disk about 9-10″)
- 140g butter, room temperature
- 70g icing sugar
- 30g almond flour
- 1 egg
- 280g flour
- Cream the butter in the standing mix bowl, add the sugar, and whisk until creamy. Add the egg and almond flour and whisk until it’s all smooth. At this point, all the flour and again, whisk until it’s incorporated.
- Lay a plastic film on a countertop and dump the dough from the bowl onto the film. It will be very “sandy” like. Using the plastic film, shape it into a ball and put this in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Then use a rolling pin to flatten it. The thickness you want is somewhere between 1/8″ and 1/4″. Note that in the picture it’s a tad over as I was on autopilot and was certain this tin was 9″ but it was an 8″ so it’s a tad too thick.
- While the oven warms up, roll down your dough and place it in your pie tin. The dough should extend beyond the tin, gently press it down but make sure it mold the bottom properly. Just roll a rolling pin to cut excess dough.