You need :
- Frozen shrimp 16-20 unpeeled
- Fresh Ginger
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- Minced half small onion ( you can skip if you don’t have any)
- Soy sauce
- oil ( Use an oil with a high smoke point like Avocado or Canola )
No quantity ? Just use feeling 🙂
The number of shrimps you will need will vary greatly. I serve this with rice or rice vermicelli and lots of veggies so I count around 6 per person and will usually throw in a few extras for good luck. I prefer unpeeled shrimps because they are less prone to freezer burn, worst case the shell will get burned not the flesh.
- 45 minutes before dinner, throw the frozen shrimps in cold water and let them thaw. Yes, you can take them out of the freezer the night before but again, who thinks of doing that.
- Peel the shrimps and chop them in 2 or 3 parts ( the tail part should be cut longer as it’s thinner). Throw them in a bowl. Mince garlic, onion, and ginger throw it all in the bowl.
- Put oil in a stainless steel pan and put it on high heat. Once it’s really hot, dump everything in the bowl in the pan and stir for 30-40 seconds. When it looks fully cooked ( no more blue spot on the shrimps) throw soy sauce in the pan and stir for another 15 seconds or so.
- You don’t want to overcook the shrimps, they will cook in just a minute at such high heat.
|(I used leftover wild rice here, fried rice would be a better mix)|