- potatoes (as many as you need)
- olive oil
- (optional) any spices you fancy, I like to put a dash of garlic powder
- (optional) butter
You can use any variety of potatoes for this recipe, I particularly like to use the Ratte and have the perfect combination of crispy on the outside yet buttery inside.
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain them and let them cool for a few minutes as they will be very hot.
- While waiting, lay down parchment paper on a baking tray and pre-heat the oven at 400F.
- Transfer the potatoes onto the parchment paper and smash them. I like to use a wooden spatula to do this as it gives a nice flat result but feel free to use whatever you like.
- Drizzle olive oil on the potatoes and if you opt to put butter, now the time. Season and put in the oven for about 45 minutes. Note that if you have made a lot, it may require an additional 10 minutes.