- ~500g salmon
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2tbps mayonnaise
- 2tsp lemon juice ( about half a lemon)
- zest from the lemon
- 2tsp dill finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- First, remove the skin from the salmon and chop it into tiny pieces. No need to be super precise here but you don’t want huge pieces. Dump that in a bowl and add all the ingredients and mix. If it’s very wet you can add another tbsp of breadcrumb.
- Season well ( salmon is pretty bland) and form into 4-6 patties depending on which size want. The patties should be somewhat wet and may be hard to manipulate. You can put them in the fridge for 20 minutes they should “settle” or lay them on a non-stick material ( I use non-stick aluminum foil).
- Tip: If you used foil, an easy way to transport them to the grill is you pull on the foil on your countertop and onto a reverse baking tray. Just do the same on the grill, just be careful not to burn your fingers.
- Fire up the grill and bring this to about 450-500F and carefully dump the patties on the grill about 4-5 minutes each side ( if the patties are thin, 3 minutes on each side should do). Flip only once, don’t play with the fish!
- Just assemble your burgers the way you like them
Note if you have leftover, put them in the fridge and the following day just toss them in a hot pan ( medium heat) for about 2 mins each side.