- 300ml sweetened condensed milk
- 350g chocolate ( dark, bitter, sweet or mix them, just make sure they are made with cocoa butter )
- 28g butter
- 1tsp maple syrup or vanilla extract
- (optional) Nuts, crushed peppermint, marshmallow, sprinkles
- Chop the chocolate and put it in a pot, add the butter and condensed milk. Put the pot over medium-low heat and stir. This is a slow process don’t increase the heat or boil the chocolate. Once it’s all melted add the maple syrup and keep cooking until it has thickened ( about 2 minutes). If you are adding nuts add them at the same time as the maple syrup. With the marshmallow, add them just before pouring in the pan( next step), just stir them quickly else they will melt.
- Line up a pan or container with parchment paper, and cover with butter. This will make it easier later to un-mold.
- Pour the mixture into the pan/container, using a spatula try to even it as best as you can. If you are opting for crushed peppermint, sprinkles, or anything else you fancy on top, now is the time to sprinkle them on. Put the pan in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Take it out of the fridge, flip it over, remove parchment paper, and voila. Simply cut into your favorite shape.
This will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks but you can also freeze it. At room temperature, I wouldn’t venture over 5 days