- 1 cup vegetable broth or do half and half chicken+ beef broth (better)
- 30g butter
- 1 garlic cloves (grated)
- 2tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- 1/4tsp sugar
- dash of ketchup
- 1/4tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
- (Optional ingredients you may want to play with) Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce,
- 2-4 potatoes
- 1 bag of cheese curds*
*If you cannot get your hands on cheese curds, well, I am very sorry for you as you are totally missing out. There aren’t really any other cheeses that work similarly, a poor man’s choice is to take mozzarella and breaking it into small pieces by hand to mimic the feel. Again, it’s not the same but it does the job
- For the fries, I’m using my oven recipe but I don’t put any seasoning.
- Now on to the sauce. In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter then add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds then adds the broth and sugar. Stir and bring to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl dissolve the cornstarch with the water. Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes then add the cornstarch mix in. Using a whisk, combine. Now is a good time to check the sauce consistency. You want a gravy-type texture, not too soupy but not too firm either. If needed add some more dissolved cornstarch. Add the paprika, salt& pepper to taste. Beware that as it cools off it will thicken a little more.
- Now just dress up your fries on a plate, put the cheese curds on, and then pour the hot sauce.