Food critic #1 8/10, very good
Food critic #2 10/10 best nugget I ever had in my life
- Chicken breast ( pick whatever amount you need, the below number should be able to cover 1-2 breast)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 50 ml plain yogurt
- ~1 cup of flour
- First, you need to tenderize your chicken breast. If you don’t have a meat tenderizer just buy the chicken vacuum sealed. You can then use a mallet and beat it a little bit. You don’t want to smash it, the goal is to break the fibers so it cooks faster.
- Cut the chicken into a long strip about 1/2″ wide. In a bowl put soy sauce, salt, pepper, grated ginger & garlic, yogurt, paprika, ketchup. Beat the egg and dump it in the party bowl. Now mix everything, dump the chicken in the bowl, mix again. Cover with plastic film and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour preferably 4.
- In a container dump the flour and a little bit of salt and pepper and mix gently. Now 1 piece of chicken at a time you want to coat all of it with flour. Shake any excess flour and repeat for each piece.
- Take a large pot and put some oil in ( you want to have about 1 inch of oil ) and start heating it over medium-high heat. If you have a thermometer, the oil should be about 350F. Do not put this on high heat and please keep an eye on the pot until the heat is off. I use my laser thermometer to monitor the oil temperature every 2-3 minutes and adjust heat accordingly.
- Now slowly put 1-3 pieces of chicken in the hot oil for 6-7 minutes. Do not put too many at the same time as it will lower the temperature. If your cuts are big, you may want to bake them an extra minute.
- Take them out and put them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil