You need :
- Potato ( I really like red or yellow potatoes but really whichever potato you have work)
- Olive oil ( other oils will work but since we aren’t frying, better use some good oil )
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, etc )
- Any fresh herbs ( thyme, rosemary, chives, or parsley )
- Pre-heat oven at 400F
- Wash potatoes and cut them the way you like them, thick, wedge, thin .. dump them in a container and add oil. For 3-4 average potatoes about 2 tablespoons of oil does the job. Put the lid on the container and shake the container. The goal is to lightly coat all the surfaces of the fries with a film of oil.
- Put a parchment paper in a cooking pan and dump the fries. Ideally, fries are not touching each other in the pan. You can add whatever seasoning you like at this stage but I prefer to do it halfway through the cooking. Put pan at the bottom of the oven.
- 20 minutes later, remove the pan from the oven to turn them over. As mentioned I prefer to season the fries at this point before turning them over, I can coat each side at the same time. Bake for another 12-15 minutes. If you have crowded the pan with fries, you may need to add another 10-15 minutes for them to be golden.
Looking for a quick sauce? I got you
~3 teaspoons mayo
1 teaspoon ketchup
Paprika and/or cayenne pepper
dash of lime if you have any
Mix and it’s done
Want to go full in full thrash mode? Get the gravy out and the cheese curds and make a poutine