So you are at the market and you can get them for cheap. Grab em! This potage takes 30 minutes to make, it’s freezable ( about 3 months) and full of vitamins.
You need :
- ~550gr asparagus ( without the hard stalk*)
- ~4cups vegetable broth
- 1 potato ( add an extra one if you want your soup to be thicker)
- 1 minced onion
- 1-2 minced garlic gloves
- ~1tbsp oil
*If you are serving asparagus on your plate you definitely want to get rid of the hard stalk. A tip to determine where it ends is to simply bend it over and it will break exactly there. For a potage, you can peal the hard stalk and put it in the mix. That’s what they do in restaurants and if you have a good blender chances are you won’t even notice.
- In a pot over medium heat, put the oil and color the onion and garlic.This takes about 1-2 minutes
- Add the potato and broth and mix. Bring to a boil, cover, and let it simmer for 18-20 mins
- While you wait, chop the asparagus in ~1-inch pieces long, no need to be precise here.
- After 20 mins or so, remove the cover and dump the asparagus in the mix for 3-4 minutes.
- Give it a taste test, add salt if needed
- If you want to add some decoration to your soup, remove a few asparagus heads at this point and set aside
- You can now blend your potage with a hand mixer or a blender until you get a smooth texture.